Globe is an info-packed newsletter with travelogues by members, book reviews, travel tips, bargains and news. There is a mutual aid section where you can exchange information; place advertisements and find travel companions.
Emphasis is placed on the unusual and the opportunity to see places and meet people not given to the usual tourist. Methods of cheap travel and trips off the beaten track, as well as on well-travelled routes, are given prominence. Club meetings, travel shows and other travel events are also listed.
In the Current Issue
- News – from our meetings and some talks & exhibitions you might like.
- Forthcoming Club Meetings – in London, Chester and Toronto.
- Up a Mountain in Montenegro – Hiking the hill behind the old town of Kotor.
- Seeking Seokbulsa – Hal Swindall treks to a temple in South Korea.
- The GT Club Calendar – An extended closing date for entries for this year’s calendar.
- Picture Quiz -The chance to win a year’s membership in the picture quiz, by answering just one easy question.
- Discounts and Offers – Discounts and Offers for Club Members.
Members can download their copy here
Read these feature stories from past issues of Globe
Hearing that Dublin has over 1,000 bars made it sound the ideal place in which to celebrate…Linda Reynolds, Surrey
I was trying some thing different, instead of travelling through the usual tourist States of Brazil; I thought it be a good idea to visit a State much overlooked by overseas visitors, though not by Brazilians…Tony Annis, London
About fifteen well-dressed young men were jostling each other to shake my hand. I was sitting on my knapsack with my feet hanging out the door of a passenger car on a decrepit narrow gauge train…Terry Failing, New York
The expedition to the jungles of Irian Jaya began at Everest Base Camp. A few years ago I joined a group of Spanish friends in an ill-fated attempt to climb Everest…Jules Stewart, London
After passing 11 countries between Lagos and Dakar I thing that it is Mali who have best places of interest in this part of Africa. There are diversity of landscapes, rich folklore and historical landmarks to see…Wojciech Dąbrowski, Poland
|Industrial, Commercial and Residential Doors, Roller Shutters Security Shutters||Balaia golf holidays and Algarve apartments Golfing Holidays To Balaia||online video game rental Xbox 360 Game Rental|
|christening gowns and accessories Christening Gowns And Rompers|