Hello all 🙂 ,
Welcome to this very late, first edition of 2012 ! I’ve been too caught up in family life & working and so now I’m trying to catch up with many a missed travelling tale/Globetrotter story !!
In this edition we’ve got plenty of club news, including a fantastic trip by long term Globie Gavin Fernandes and plenty of news from Chester & Toronto branches.
Hopefully you’ll find the wait on my slow editorial efforts worth it. In the meantime I will endeavour to get back to a more regular output, so keep those stories & news items coming,
What is happening across the wider travel world ?
- October 2011 travel award winner Nick Hunt’s, “…exploration in the footsteps of Patrick Leigh Fermor…across Europe from Holland to Istanbul.” http://afterthewoodsandthewater.wordpress.com/
- Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition and World Photo London. Marking the 5th Anniversary of the Sony World Photography Awards, the winners’ exhibitions will be on show inside the Embankment Galleries. In this vast photographic exhibition, you will find some of the best contemporary images taken by photographers from across the globe. Mixed media installations will include traditional print, video, moving image and 3D, with subjects spanning all genres, including fine art, fashion, portraiture, sport and photojournalism.Alongside the exhibition at Somerset House, World Photo London (27-29 April) is returning for its annual weekend of events. The programme is for anyone who enjoys photography, from photography fans to practicing enthusiasts, including; City Project Workshops, Business of Photography Seminar, Blurb Drop-In Workshops, Critique Sessions and Winners Tours.
Many events are free and students receive 20% discount on most ticketed events.
- Frommer’s publish a list of global events that have plenty of ideas for travellers – enjoy at http://events.frommers.com/sisp/index.htm
- follow the progress of the “It’s on the meter team” and their round the world journey by London taxi at http://www.itsonthemeter.com/
- follow the progress of Sarah Outen’s “London2London” adventure at http://www.sarahouten.com
That’s all for now, enjoy the read and keep sending me more of your stories, adventures and articles 🙂 Happy 2012 to you all…
The Ant email@example.com