Speaking this month we have:
- Jan Parsons – From the North Cape to the Mediterranean
Following the cancellation of my travel plans for 2020 and unable to travel because of Covid I embarked on a winter project looking back at countries I’d visited but not yet covered by previous travel talks. What emerged was a photographic and cultural journey through Western Europe.
We begin in the stunning coastal landscapes of Northern Norway, then explore a little of the remote outposts as we sail southwards, following the coast to Bergen before crossing into mainland Europe and venturing briefly into central Germany and Belgium.
Having traversed the Alps it’s time to acclimatise to warmer temperatures and a dramatic change in our surroundings as we explore the ancient pilgrimage routes via several of the Caminos in the Iberian Peninsula. The journey concludes with an interesting link!
- 2nd Two mini-talks.
- Svatka Hermanek
- Eric Hayman
Date & Time:
Saturday, September 4th, 2021
The zoom meeting opens at 13:30 with the talks starting 14:00 BST (London time see Event Time Announcer for local times), please arrive early so we can deal with any issues with joining.
You only need one ticket per screen, not one for each person watching or attending.
For forthcoming meetings we have
- a suggested donation £3 for members to cover our costs. Members will be emailed a ticket code link allowing access to this option or you can access it from the members area.
- a donation of £5-6 for non-members, non-members may join the club for £12 per year and get this and future meetings at members rate for £12, members can also watch the 3 previous online talks, members also receive Globe our members magazine and our annual members calendar, why not join and enter your pictures.
- a catch up to watch later will be available to members and non-member ticket holders.
- We have had confirmation that the Church of Scotland hall is open and we will be running this meeting as an in person at the hall plus we will be streaming it on zoom and will be following the same procedures as the west end theatres. See the separate Eventbrite page for in person tickets